1. Students will always behave with dignity and courtesy. They should always carry their identity cards in the college.
2. Students shall be clean and decent in appearance and dress.
3. Women students shall observe strict modesty in dress.
4. The students should wear uniform, as suggested by the college on all days except Wednesdays.
5. Men students shall not be found with folded up dhothies, unbuttoned shirts, low waist pants and T-shirts in the college.
6. Students shall wish the members of the staff the first time theysee them.
7. When a visitor or a member of the staff enters the class, the students shall stand up and should remain standing until the visitor or staff member is seated or has directed them to sit.
8. Students shall leave lecture hall quietly permitting the women students to leave first
9. Crowding on the verandah and door way and shouting etc. will be treated as act of indiscipline.
10. No student shall leave the lecture hall when the class or guest lecture is in progress, except for an unavoidable reason. Leaving without permission is highly irregular. 11. Students shall be in their seats 5 minutes before the commencement of the class.
11 Students shall be in their seats 5 minutes before the commencement of the class.
12. No late comer shall enter the class without permission of the lecturer concerned.
13. Students are expected to be in the library when they have no class. Loitering on the verandah and in the premises will be treated as a indiscipline. 14. Students are forbidden from entering the laboratory except with the consent of the lecturer in charge.
15. Furniture should not be misplaced and dislocated.
16. Students are warned not to participate in any agitation against authority nor should they engage in any activity promoting communal or religious disharmony.
17. Addressing any gathering in the premises without the permission of the principal is irregular except for college union activities.
18. No student shall appear for an interview or examination without prior permission of the principal.
19. Students are not permitted to use the college office phone, except in extreme urgency.
20. Mobile phones, cinematic dance and fashion show shall not be allowed inside the college campus.
21. Any office bearer of the college union if found to be repeatedly violating the rules of conduct will be relieved from the office he holds.
22. Banners, flags, posters etc. shall not be allowed inside the campus and at the gate for the purpose of any activity without the permission of the Principal. 23. No certificate will be issued from the college unless the principal is satisfied with the reason stated by the applicant for such certificate.
23. Application for certificate should be made at least two days in advance.
24. Conduct certificate will ordinarily be issued only along with the transfer certificate when the student has completed his course. 26. Ragging of any form is a non-bailable offence and required criminal procedure.
25. Outsiders are not permitted to attend or organise any programme or activity without the permission of the principal.
REGULARITY AND PUNCTUALITY
students should be regular and punctual in attendance. Late comers shall be permitted to attend further sessions only after the ratification of genuine reason by the authority.
LEAVE AND ATTENDANCE RULES
1. Students are not permitted to absent themselves without leave. Application for leave in the prescribed form should be submitted sufficiently earlier.
2. Absence without leave for part of a day and full day will be regarded as absence for one day and two days respectively.
3. Absence for 15 consecutive working days will be considered sufficient reason for removal of his / her name from the rolls.
4. Leave may be granted for not more than 10 days at a stretch including holidays in the case of unavoidable reasons (illness etc.,), Additional leave may be given on producing certificates from a registered Medical Practitioner.
5. Attendance certificate required by the University for admission to University examinations will not be granted unless the principal is satisfied with the conduct and progress of the student. A student shall be considered to have satisfactory attendance to appear the university examination if he/she attends not less than 80% of the total working days for theory classes and attends fully the practice teaching days. No condonation will be there for lack of attendance of practice teaching days. So also, there will be no condonation beyond 10% of the shortage of attendance for theory working days.
6. Absence from class tests or examination without convincing reasons will be treated as breach of discipline.
1. All students of the college are members of the library.
2. The library shall be kept opened from 10 am to 5 pm on working days.
3. Strict silence is expected to be observed in the library by all users.
4. Students are entitled to borrow books on production of borrower’s cards which can be bought from the library. The cards should be registered at the library and they shall be returned at the end of the year. A lost card can be replaced only on payment of penalty of Rs. 50/-.
5. Application for the issue of books should be made in the prescribed form.
6. Books shall be issued from / returned to the library at the time and in the manner notified in the library from time to time.
7. Books may not be retained by any student for more than 14 days. But they may be renewed for a further period of 14 days, should there be no application for the same book meanwhile.
8. Absence from college will not be admitted as an excuse for delay in returning books.
9 Those who return the books should see that the necessary entries are made in the issue register regarding the returning of books.
10. Before the books are taken out, students should satisfy themselves that the books lend to them are in good condition and if not, the fact should be brought to the notice of the librarian. Students shall not damage or mark upon any book/ journal belonging to the library.
11. A fine of Re. 1/- per book per day will be levied for delay in returning books.
12. Members shall replace books lost or pay the estimated cost for them as per rules from time to time.
13. Students shall not on any account sub lend library books.
14. The librarian may recall a book at any time even when the normal period of loan is not over.
15. All members of the staff of the college are members of the library. A member of the teaching staff may borrow up to 3 books at a time.
16. Ordinarily books will not be issued to non members. In exceptional cases the principal may permit a non-member to have access to library or to borrow books on such terms the principal determines.
17. Readers and visitors shall leave all their belongings outside, before entering the library.
18. All books taken from the library will have to be returned to the library at the time of stock verification.
1) Principal will be the chief warden of all Hostels.
2) A deputy warden nominated by the chief Warden will reside in the Hostel and will be in charge of the Hostel.
3) Admission to and removal of the students from Hostels are at the discretion of the chief warden and his decisions shall be final.
4) Admission to the hostel is for one year only.
5) There are mess committee functioning in the hostel to assist in the running of mess.
6) A caution deposit of Rs. 1000/- shall be remitted in advance. Rs. 500 will be refunded.
7) Inmates shall maintain complete silence during study hours.
8) No inmate shall be absent from the hostel without the prior permission of the warden.
9) Outsiders and dayscholars are not allowed in the hostel without the prior consent of the warden.
10) Inmates shall behave with dignity and observe good table manners.
11) Residents shall report at roll call. The roll call time will be decided by the warden.
12) Compensation will be charged for loss or damage of hostel property.
13) No funds shall be collected or meeting organised in the hostel without the permission of the warden.
14) Serious misconduct like the following shall invite severe punishment including expulsion from the hostel or dismissal from the college. a) Rude or immoral behaviour in or outside of the hostel. b) Absence from the hostel without the prior permission of the warden. c) Going outside the hostel at night without the permission. d) Use or possession of alcoholic drinks or drugs.