1) TYPES OF RESERVATION:
Out of the total Merit seats available for various B.Ed. Courses, seats will be reserved for different categories under the following main items:
(a) Reservation for nominees
(b) Reservation for Persons with Disabilities
(c) Special Reservation
(d) Mandatory Reservation.
2) RESERVATION FOR NOMINEES
(a) Lakshadweep Quota: One seat in each University Teacher Education Centre, One seat in IASE Thrissur and one seat in Government College of Teacher Education, Calicut is reserved for natives of Lakshadweep. (Eligible Candidates will be selected by the Lakshadweep Administration and recommended to the Principal concerned. Candidates will submit their applications to the Lakshadweep Administration)
(b) Quota for Candidates from Mahe: One seat in the Government College of Teacher Education, Calicut is reserved for candidates from Mahe. (Eligible Candidates will be selected by the Mahe Administration and recommended to the Principal. Candidates will submit their applications to the Mahe Administration)
3) RESERVATION FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES (PWD):
Reservation for visually handicapped –1% seat reservation (minimum 40% disability). Reservation for orthopedically handicapped – 2% (minimum 40% disability). In the absence of the visually handicapped candidates, orthopaedically handicapped candidates will be admitted. (Deaf/Dumb candidates are not eligible for admission to B.Ed. courses).
4) SPECIAL RESERVATION:
1. (a) Teachers Quota [TQ]: 20 per cent of total seats in Government Colleges. (For Teachers working in Schools in the Government Sector). The eligible candidates for this quota will be selected by the Director of Public Instructions (DPI).
(b) In University Teacher Education Centres 5 percent of total seats are reserved for Candidates applying under Teacher Quota. The teacher quota candidates need a mere pass in the qualifying examination and the candidates applying under this quota should be permanent teachers in Govt. Service/ Aided Sector of Kerala State. In the absence of qualifying candidates under Teacher Quota the vacancies shall be treated as Open Quota. Candidate should be a permanent teacher (Govt. /Aided) continuing in service having a minimum of 3 years continuous teaching experience as on the date of notification. The period of service is considered on the basis of Service Certificate in Form IV of KER, duly certified by the Controlling Officer i.e. Head of the School and Countersigned by the AEO/DEO/Regional Deputy Director in the case of HSST . If continuous service of two candidates are same/equal, prior broken service ie,. approved service – appointment by Employment Exchange/appointment in Leave vacancy will also be considered. If a tie still exists the marks in the qualifying examination will be considered. Those who are eligible to get study leave for the duration of the entire course from the authority concerned need alone apply and in case they are selected for the course, they should produce a certificate from the Head of School concerned that they have applied for eligible leave for the duration of the course before being admitted.Candidates applying under Teacher Quota can also apply under General Quota
© Relaxation in teaching experience:
TTC holders /HSST (Commerce) need only one year teaching experience.
(ii) Permanent Teachers of Lakshadweep (natives)/LTTC/Diploma in Hindi Teaching/PPTTC/need only two years experience.
2. Defense Quota: One seat in each Govt./Aided/University Centre is reserved for this quota candidate. Children of Serving Defence Personnel, Children of Ex-servicemen or Ex-servicemen themselves, Dependents of Serving Defence personnel (Son/daughter/wife/husband only), Dependent of Defence personnel Killed /Missing/ Disabled in action and Son/Daughter/Widow of Defence Personnel, who died-in-harness, are eligible to be considered for this reservation. There is no separate reservation for any of the above Categories. Allotment of seats will be based on the rank of the candidate in the category list for DQ quota. Applicants will have to submit the relevant certificate applicable to them in support of the claim, along with the application.
3. Sports Quota: One seat in each Government, Aided and University Teacher Education Centres are reserved for Sports Quota candidates.
4. Linguistic Minority Quota: 5 seats (within the sanctioned strength) at Koduvayur Centre are reserved for the linguistic minorities whose mother tongue is Tamil and residing in the jurisdiction of University of Calicut. 2seats in Kaniyambetta Centre and 2 seats in Sulthan Bathery Centre (total-4 in Wayanad District) are reserved for linguistic minorities whose mother tongue is Kannada and residing in the jurisdiction of University of Calicut. The admission under Linguistic Minority Quota in above mentioned Centres is made subject to a maximum of one seat in each optional.
5) MANDATORY RESERVATION:
Reservation rules for admission to B.Ed Course in the affiliated colleges and University Centres are as follows,
1. SC/ST reservation shall be followed subject wise. Scheduled Caste – 8% of seats and Scheduled Tribe 2% of seats in each optional. In case sufficient eligible applicants under SC/ST quota are not available, the same will be filled up in the following priority. SC seats: By ST/Lakshadweep/ OEC candidates ST seats: By Lakshadweep/SC/OEC candidates
2. Socially and Educationally Backward Classes 25% ETB 9%, MU8%, OBH5%, LC 2%, SIUC 1% In private Self Financing Colleges 50% of the seats will be filled up on the basis of merit and by following the reservation policy of the State Government as given above. The remaining 50% can be filled up by the educational agency (Management quota).